It's been a while since I've blogged and it will probably be a while until my next one. I've titled this blog "New Chapter" because there are a lot of changes that have led up to this point in my life. I've realized that some things in life are just out of your control. You can't make someone change to better suite you, and you shouldn't have to. When it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit! There are a few things I am grateful for. God has blessed me with my health, my beautiful son, and a pretty easy pregnancy with my second son. As of right now now I have a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. Soon I will personally test the old adage "God can't give you what you can not handle."I couldn't believe how wonderful my life has changed when I became a mother. I personally felt I became a better person. My life consists of diaper changes (still!), constantly cleaning, running after a 3 year old, yelling, frustrating toilet training (that one really is a rite of passage for every parent), being told my son is delayed, not giving up on my son who is delay, giving kisses, getting wet sloppy kisses in return, stubby, short arms giving me hugs around my neck, hours of the annoying cartoon Calliou, disastrous dining out experiences, feeling proud, loved, happy, and sad. I wouldn't change a single thing. I know I am doing the best that I can as a mother and I know there is no such thing as a perfect mother. I gave up trying to compare myself to other mothers because I was always judging myself. My son isn't like your kid. He doesn't play, speak, or learn the same way as your child does. So let me raise my child and I won't tell you how to raise yours :)
Becoming a single parent will definitely put me to the test. Physically I've done it for half of Josh's life, but soon it will be two kids' well being in my hands. I'm up for the challenge! There's no other option in my book. I'm not gonna lie, I wish I had someone by my side during this pregnancy. To share the moments when baby kicks or someone to fetch me ice cream at midnight. I knew I wanted to have Josh see his parents happy even if means we aren't together. I will always love Josh's dad. He's a wonderful person with a good heart. He deserves to be happy. As for me I hope I can find happiness with someone to complement me. But I know I don't need another person to complete me. But as of right now, I'm focusing on myself and my growing family. Next month I will be taking a temporary hiatus from social media to focus on what's important. What's important isn't found on a phone or computer screen. Just a heads up for anyone who wants to reach me. You have my number.
No comments:
Post a Comment